Sunday, March 25, 2012

13 Weeks!





How Far Along: 13 weeks - 3.21.12!  
Size of baby: 3 inches long, .81 ounces and the size of a peach.
What Baby’s Up To: Your fetus is forming teeth and vocal cords... savor this, their non-functional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with a head now only one third the size of the body. Intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy.
Total Weight Gain/Loss:  I’m up two more pounds this week making it a total of 8 lbs so far.
Maternity Clothes: No, but I’ve been wearing the Be Band a lot and have bought some larger tops and pants so that my bump is less obvious.  
Gender: Baby Shepherd is a Girl (according to the Gender Screen)!
Sleep: This week has been a lot better.  I think I was still tired from the time change over spring break.  Although, because I do wake up a couple of times I have noticed sleeping in the same bed as my husband is not as enjoyable as it once was.  I cannot count the number of times he has elbowed me in the face and kneed me in the bum while he is sleeping…I’m wondering if I used to sleep through all of this or if this is new sleeping behavior for him!
What I miss: Still seafood…oysters, crayfish, and feta cheese!
Cravings: Salads this week…any and all salads
Symptoms: Just tired when I get home from work.
Best Moment this week: We had a few good things this week…Starting our registry online since we know what we are expecting…shopping for bedding… Shane going with me to Babies R Us to look at a few things in person (and to let him give his input on the items he likes) and I would say just nearing the end of the first trimester, 14 weeks marks trimester number two!

No comments:

Post a Comment