Friday, October 12, 2012

Count to 14???


Nobody told me about the crying-
Crying about everything, how beautiful my baby is, my husband is leaving to go back to work, how much I love my baby, because I am sleep deprived-Nobody told me about the crying.
Nobody warned me about the bleeding-
          For someone who hasn’t worn pads in who knows how long-Nobody warned me that you should start trying out pads for a “comfortable fit” for the bleeding
Nobody told me I might be hot-
          Not good, pretty, hot. Gross, sweaty, fat person hot. Thanks hormones.
Nobody warned me about the headaches-
          Headaches from sleep deprivation, lack of nutrients because there is no time to eat and I've been living off powdered protein shakes and Cliff bars, migraines returning with a vengeance-Nobody warned me about the headaches.
Around Day 8 I was home alone, crying, because my mom had left, my husband had returned to work and I was home, unshowered, starving, alone with my baby, and managed to catch Access Hollywood in route to the changing table, and I’m convinced it must have been a sign from God because there was Rosie Pope.  I caught her promoting her new book, Mommy IQ, and the last part of the segment stating that you should Count to 14-14 days after leaving the hospital is what no one evidently warns you about.  After counting to 14 I was officially cry free…not free of everything else…but at least knew there was light at the end of my hormonal tunnel!
Life has certainly been an adjustment with the sleepless nights and exhausting and busy days, but I am so grateful for what we have.  There are people that try so hard to create life and sometimes are not successful.  I am so fortunate it came so easy for us and that we have been blessed with such a beautiful and healthy baby.

2 comments:

  1. i am feeling like a bad friend. also, make sure you and scarlett are getting some fresh air. the sun on your face is much needed! go to the mall. go to the park. go to fair...again. but keep her covered up, bc nobody told me complete strangers would try and man-handle my baby. personal space people! scarlett is one lucky baby to be able to call you 'mom'!
    ~shayna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're a great friend! btw- scarlett is officially eating every 4 hrs...6 times a day- but hey, she's not even a month yet so what can i expect!
      we had our first official outing alone to target today-it was a success! gives me more confidence to make more trips solo!
      i will make certain to keep her covered!

      Delete